VGA Open Gym for kids
- For kids age 5 to 18, or Highschool seniors.
- Times: School Year hours are from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm. Summer Hours are from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm, June through July.
- Cost: $5 per member, $8 per non-member.
*All non-members MUST have a liability waiver signed.
Dragon Quest Open Gym
- For kids age 7 to 18, or Highschool seniors.
- Time: 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm. Open August 31st, 2019 through May 30th, 2020.
- Cost: $5 per member, $8 per non-member.
- Tennis Shoes are required.
- Space is limited to 25 kids.
Private Lessons with our VGA Coaching Staff
Please note that Private lessons with a Team Coach during Team Competition Season (October-April/May) are first reserved for Team members. If a team coach has an opening and there are no team members needing a private lesson, then the lesson can be scheduled.
Starting in 2015, VGA policy will state that private lessons will only be held with those participating in a VGA program, either currently or with in the last 6 months.
Each family is required to become a gym member if they enroll in a class.
Membership is $30 per family per year.
The year starts on your enrollment date, not on the calendar year.
If your re-enrollment date falls in the middle of a session, you are still responsible for this fee. No exceptions.
Gym membership supports our liability insurance and equipment maintenance.
Class Make Up Policy
At VGA we know that life happens and occasionally a child will miss their scheduled class. We allow a child who has missed their scheduled class to make up that missed class BEFORE week 12 (the last week) of the session. Stated below is our Class Make-Up policy.
- All make-ups MUST be scheduled ahead of time. When making up a missed class, we ask that you give at least a 24-hour notice as to when you would like to come for a make-up class. This is so that we can communicate to the class instructor, which will allow them to prepare for an additional child or children. As a walk into make-up a class, you run the risk that your child may not be permitted to make up within this class at this time due to class size being over the limit.
- A student will only be permitted to attend a make-up in a class that is an ACTIVE class. (one in which other children are currently attending).
- Another option for a missed class make up would be to attend an Open Gym for FREE. This is unstructured 1.5 hours of gym fun.
- Class sizes are limited to 8 children therefore not all classes are available as an option for a missed class make-up.
- Missing a scheduled class make-up will result in that make-up class being ineligible for another make-up. In other words, there is not a make-up for a missed make-up appointment.
- ALL children making up a class MUST report to the front desk to be checked in. Attendance cards WILL NOT be set out.
- All missed classes that you wish to make up must be made up BEFORE WEEK 12 of the session. There is no carry over into the next session, nor will credit be given for any missed classes not made up.
- There are NO MAKE-UPS in WEEK 12. If you miss a class in week 12, you can attend the following Saturday’s OPEN Gym as your make-up. This needs to be scheduled at the front desk or scheduled by calling VGA.
- You can call VGA at 812-344-4185 to schedule a make-up or you can schedule at the front desk with our Assistant Gym Director.
Class Pricing and Discounts
- Class Payment is DUE IN FULL on the first day class is attended.
- Class prices are based on 12 classes in the session. Each class price can be found under the "gymnastics class" tab and then under each class break down tab.
- A 10% discount will be given to families where 1 child takes more than one class OR a family enrolls multiple children into classes. The first class or first child's class is at normal pricing. A 10% discount is applied to the LESSER priced class.
- 10% will be taken off of the lowest class registration fee. When there is a child that has enrolled in more than 2 classes or a family has more than 2 children enrolled in classes, the Highest class price will be at normal pricing, then 10% will be taken off of all additional classes. The maximum discount taken off a class is 10%.
- There are NO REFUNDS on classes nor is there any carry-forward or credit applied to a future class.
Pro-rating Class Fees
- We DO NOT pro-rate on the front end. If you know that you cannot attend the first couple of classes in the session, you can either make-up those classes per our Class Make-Up policy OR wait to sign-up once you know that you are available to attend class.
- WE DO pro-rate for missed classes for those who register AFTER the SESSION HAS STARTED.
Inclement Weather Policy
VGA will decide upon cancellation by noon as to any class or team practice closures. Please check our Facebook page and/or your email for notifications.
In the case of a Saturday Open gym, any cancellation will be determined by 8 am. Please check our Facebook page and/or your email for notifications.